Saturday, September 14, 2013

Summer in September

Bandeau - BB Dakota// Skirt - H&M// Cover-Up - Etsy// Necklace - Forever 21// Sandals - Sam Edelman// Sunnies - Nordstrom BP

Boy has college taken a toll on me. I'm still adjusting to the new changes and trying not to be apart of the "freshmen 15" statistic. But so far so good. I'm taking a few fashion classes and some of our assignments are to trend forecast and look out for red carpet styles, but I already do that! So you can say I'm having a lot of fun. Anyways, my sister borrowed a tripod from a family member with a clicker, and I had some fun! I decided to wear pretty much all black today with my usual picks (skater skirt and some type of crop) then topped it off with this rad kimono style cover-up that my sister made, which you can buy on EtsyI'm so proud of her, so won't you do me the favor on checking out her store?

On another note, summer seems like it barely started here in SoCal, and it hasn't been fun. I'm literally sweating while drinking my Pumpkin Spice Latte. So, with that, I've been trying to beat the heat and the first problem that always comes to mind is my hair. These long locks and I have a love/hate relationship. I've tried the milkmaid hair style and love how free I feel, but I wanted some of my hair down, so I only did half of the process of the style. BAM, I got this hairstyle and I love it! It makes me feel like a princess yet I can wear this with a lot of outfits.  What do you think?

 photo 2e041433-2c1a-495e-989e-e586934af100_zpsa36b6717.jpg

13 comments:

  1. Wow love your kimono!!
    Its gorgeous!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! I love that kimono! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kimono! Wish the weather wasn't so gloomy to wear one now! Your hair looks amazing too!

    shabna x x
    my blog :B -> http://scheine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous cover up! Wearing all black underneath was such a chic choice, you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great, and I love that printed kimono! :)


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is gorgeous and that cover up is so cute! Love your look.

    We have a new post and would love to hear your thoughts

    xo
    Nicole and Eli
    thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah there's something wrong with drinking pumpkin spice and it still feeling like summer- i'm holding out for my first cup until im wearing boots and a sweater ;) and your classes sound AWESOME- that wouldnt even feel like work! also, how cute is your kimono? i've been trying to find a vintage one for ages- they're just *so* beautiful :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with that kimono, definitely making me want to go on the hunt for one now and the milkmaid hairstyle looks so good on you!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your classes sound fun! I can't wait to go to college and just leave high school (and math) behind! :)
    I love this outfit! The kimono styled cover-up is lovely ^_^
    x
    Alona

    stylewanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC,(65) would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow i love that bright printed kimono, looks amazing on you! and i love the way you styled it, your hair looks gorgeous too!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your kimono and your hairdo, so sweet! :D


    kiss kiss, Nádia
    My Fashion Insider

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥