Friday, July 5, 2013

Up and Coming: Hailee Steinfeld

I'm all for researching about girls around my age who have made names for themselves so young. One of them who has been on top of my inspiration list is Miss Hailee Steinfeld, who got an Academy Award nomination for her FIRST film True Grit, which I quite enjoyed. Pretty impressive right? After being recognized, she locked on to many movies that will be coming out back to back starting with Ender's Game, based off an awesome novel written by Orson Scott Card. She will also be staring aside the Burberry model, Douglas Booth in a recreation of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet followed by another film with Keira Knightley titled Can a Song Save Your Life?.

This 16 year-old actress has taken not only the film industry by storm but caught notice to many fashion designers including Miuccia Prada, landing her a campaign for Miu Miu Fall 2011. (Are you beyond jealous yet?) It doesn't stop there - she's gotten to present awards with Justin Bieber, be buddies with Jeff Bridges, and simply asked Teen Vogue's Andrew Bevan if she can tag along on her first New York Fashion Week. She was also recently named Max Mara's Face of the Future 2013. While her movies are in post-production she has been making a name for herself on the red carpet with the help of stylists Kemal Harris and Karla Welch.

Some of my favorite looks from Hailee Steinfeld recently.
What I love about Hailee is that she is one of the first girls around my age that I've seen taking risks on the red carpet, yet it is so appropriate. (Very similar to Chloe Grace Moretz + Elle Fanning). She can take on very neutral colors and ad a zest to show the youth in her. Also, I think we can all be jealous when we see her sporting Max Mara, Suno, Kenzo, LV, Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Prabal Gurung, and the list goes on and on. 

So, Hailee is like you (if you're a 17 year-old dreamer) and me, a typical teenager that loves to be on her iPhone and take pretty pictures for instagram, except she gets to film movies with hunks like Douglas Booth and appeared at the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, and every other film award show in America. She is also great friends with Taylor Swift and Cody Simpson. (Jealously meter at an all time high)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you've heard enough about her, so I've whipped up some style boards inspired by her red carpet and casual style. Enjoy!
Ok so Hailee wore a custom Marchesa tulle gown for the Oscar awards in 2011 and later changed her shoes to red Converse High-Tops for the after party. Seriously when I fell in love with her. Her style is edgy and fun and she loves taking risks from what I see. It inspires me to do the same! And it also inspired my prom dress, which is pictured above.
1. Pearl by Georgina Chapman of Marchesa Tulle Dress
2. Red Converse High-Tops
3. Modcloth Headband

Pair a fun print maxi with a bold colored bag for a chic and comfy flight like Hailee does here. The contrast of the colors is great, see, even without her stylists she still looks amazing and age appropriate.

Check The Deathly Fashion out on other sites...


6 comments:

  1. I love the gown she wore. It's beautiful.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. some nice looks!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the looks, she looks absolutely amazing my faves being her in Kenzo and Suno ahh talk about jelous as iff shes 17 and living the dream aha hopefully that can be us soon aha lovely post she's definately one to watch and I hope you had an amazing prom darl your prom dress is so beautiful xo

    ohsofashionxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥