Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back to My Roots







Top - Prabal Gurung for Target//Crop Top (Under Top) - Nordstrom Rack// Tye-Die Jeans - Love Culture// Shoes - Sam Edelman// Bag - Michael  Kors// Watch - Betsey Johnson

Greetings my summer loves! Hope everything has been going well for all of you! I've recently been trying to revamp TDF, and have finally gotten to it! What do you all think? I've realized going through this process of recreating the site, I wanted it to reflect me more and it got me thinking into the deep roots of why I started this blog in the first place. 

So I went back looking at my old posts/outfits and realized that I've changed style wise. When I first started TDF, I didn't read as many blogs as I do now and I didn't have an Instagram; all I went by was photos by Tommy Ton and Scott Schuman and the editorials published on Fashion Gone Rogue. I felt as if now I was just wanting and feeling the need to look like all of the bloggers I follow now and see on Instagram. (Nothing it wrong with them, don't get me wrong but I feel like I was just getting lost) It's great that I was feeding of inspiration, but I realized I have to get back to my roots. My weird, print-mixing roots. I think I was having a semi-indentity crisis and I can't believe I'm actually opening up about it. But alas, I just needed a little insomnia one night to get me thinking. And it feels really good to be back. 

I've had this Prabal Gurung top from his Target collection since the first day it came out and I'm finally showcasing it! If you don't know, Prabal Gurung is pretty much one of my favorite designers EVER. His clothing is cool, fun, and sophisticated with the right amount of hip elegance. So obviously, I ran to my Target to snag what I could when his collection came out. It's the perfect loud print shirt I needed, so why not pair it with the perfect loud pair of pants I have? Thank godric for my neutral Sam Edelman Trinas though, I can wear them with anything! Aren't they lovely? Until next time...
 photo 2e041433-2c1a-495e-989e-e586934af100_zpsa36b6717.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Love the clashing prints and omg I feel exactly the same so many amazing bloggers that I'm forever comparing too! We need to just stop and be happy with ourselves I guess ahah lovely post xo

    ohsofashionxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am literally obsessed with this outfit, it is stunning! I am so jealous that you got a product from Prabal Gurung's collection for Target – all his designs are gorgeous.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um hello HOTTIE?! You look AMAZING. One of my fav outfits of you!!! Great post too. I definitely agree, we all change so much from our past. My style used to be reaaaallly bad lol. Those jeans are sick.

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuke outfit, ik vind je broek heel tof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tatiana!! We are a spanish couple that love travelling and photography. That is why we decide to create a project in which show our two hobbies.
    Visit our website! http://kissmein.wordpress.com/
    Thanks! and we hope that you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit
    Love all the colour !

    www.linesbroken.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pants and shoes! You look great in this outfit!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style is amazing and you are a very beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this outfit is so so gorgeous!! You look absolutely stunning and I love your tank! Loving your new blog design as well.

    xo
    Nicole
    thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sense of style u have girl! The colors are amazing! How about followin eachother? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really beautiful outfit, i love the bright colours - makes me more cheerful! Thanks so much for the tip on the purple gel liner. I've been using it these past few days and actually really like it! It's not as vibrant once it has been applied xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think behind your ear would be a great spot but I think that'll hurt a lot :D
    I love your outfit, you look really great and summery.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so amazing! i love how summery and bright it is, you look stunning :)

    Tahnee from Hysterical Hearts xx
    http://hystericalhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥