Monday, February 25, 2013

Checkers, Check Her






So just as New York Fashion has ended, of course I'd be the one talking about all previous editorials that have been coming out and not NYFW (Typical procrastinator, forgive me). But the recap will be up soon! Of course all the rage has been with black and white patterns and really nothing else. How simple is that? As a 17 year-old trying to make it in the fashion industry, it may have been a given that I own more black clothing than the average. (My mom seems concerned sometimes, I'm starting to paint my nails black too).

With designers like Marc Jacobs (for his self-titled line and Louis Vuitton), Balmain, Herve Leger and many more,  this trend could not be anymore perfect. With the fact that there was also a lot of monochromatic white (purity like an angel for ya) plus shorter heels and more flats, women are coming back down to earth but with a bold look. Fashion has never seemed more effortless and poised. There is also something so mysterious about black and white pieces that can tell so much about a women yet so little. You'll start to wonder what is her favorite color, or what her favorite song is; adding another identity for women in the industry to portray.

Be inspired.... here is a break down of this trend with the thought of a teenage budget...

1. Chicwish Faux Leather Sleeves Jacket
2. Tildon Sandal
3. Polka Dot Crop Top
4. Black High-Top Trainers
5.  White Zip Aline Skirt
6. Forever 21 Cuff

P.S. My laptop is currently acting funky right now and I'm trying to restore it, I'm going to be blogging from my mom's lappy for the time being (Windows 8, what?) . Please bare with me and my attempts at styleboards using a bootleg photoshop.
Check The Deathly Fashion out on other sites...

7 comments:

  1. oohh I just love monochrome its like 'yeah im too cool for colour' aha I also did a post on the white side of monochrome a few weeks back here
    Although thinking about it weardly ive never actually sported head to toe monochrome, I think that day is nigh.. aha & I just love that biker jacket! Lovely post love xox


    ohsofashionxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looooove <3 your post, great stripes, mind we follow one another? i always follow back.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this upcoming trend, it has so much flare and retro-ness to it and I cannot wait for this trend to hit the stores!

    xo Nicole from the green raybans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last dress and the chicwish coat I'm just wearing a stripe blouse in my latest post check it out.
    Hugs
    Virgit

    www.preppyfashionist.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the monochrome look at the moment, its so easy to wear.

    new follower here, would love if you stopped by my blog sometime too :)
    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk

    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So edgy and vintage. Lovessss it :)

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this trend – it is so fun! That polka dot crop top is incredible.

    xo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥