Thursday, December 20, 2012

Is it really the end of the world?

Well if it was, I guess it would be okay since all the Harry Potter movies have already been released. Kidding. Now, I know there is a lot of mixed opinions about other people's opinion on the world ending tomorrow, but to lighten the mood here's a look of  one of my favorite labels: Badgley Mischka, whom have taken inspo from the Aztec and Mayan art. (Perfect, right?) Isn't that ironic and charming and everything in between? I don't know how to explain it.

Mark Badgley and James Mischka are no strangers to well crafted gowns and for their pre-fall 2013 collection (which just came out two days ago) I was surprised and filled with a feeling of happiness and shock when I found out their inspiration. So let's take a look...

 Can't you feel an epic story of good against evil fighting for who will be sacrificed to the rain gods? 



(Photo source: Style.com)
Mark and James have really done well at executing a vibe of Aztec and Mayan artwork into gowns that scream award season.  As for the fits, I'm all for form fitting, but the boxy/straight red gown is growing on me. And the gold patterns are the perfect touch of elegance. They've done it again.

Hope you enjoyed this short little post to not waste your time before the world ends. Until then, have a happy holiday!

xo
Check The Deathly Fashion out on other sites...


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection, the last dress is absolutely my favorite! I honestly dont think that anything will happen today lol :p

    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress from third picture is amazing, I love it!!!

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dresses are all so gorgeous! Wow.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥