Sunday, October 28, 2012

NAVEN FASHION SHOW EXPERIENCE

So I'm in hiatus heaven much? Sorry about that, so much going on and so little time. But I'm back and here to tell you about the awesomesauce experience I had at the NAVEN fashion show at Siren Studios during LA Fashion Week on October 16, 2012. 


So let me just note that this wouldn't be a possible experience for me if it wasn't for the amazing Kelsey from Runaway In LA. Seriously, her blog is the koala-tea of quality blogs if you get my play on words. She has true talent and will definitely go far in whatever she plans to. Love you girl, I had a great time with you!


The Style Club LA, an  upcoming online fashion community where you can talk, share, and discover everything fashion with friends and celebs, was so kind to allow me to tag along with Kelsey to the NAVEN Fashion Show which, may I add, was on a school night. (You can only imagine the time I had at school the next day) Our job was to work as camera reporters and interview celebs and the hottest people. Faces like Jillian Rose Reed from MTV's Awkward and Samuel Larsen from Glee had me starstruck. Can't wait to see how my face looks while interviewing Samuel Larsen - most likely it will be a 'I'm trying so hard not to fan-girl right now' face. Others who were at the event were Hanna Beth, Taylor Spreitler from ABC Family's Melissa and Joey, Nick Simmons, Debby Ryan, Kym Johnson, and more!


My first fashion show, even though I was standing on my tip-toes trying to get a good view, was ultimately everything I dreamed of. The theme of it was Candy Land, which resulted in free candy plus Kelsey  and me in pastel colors. NAVEN showed sexy and simple cuts, an amazing digital butterfly print on a long maxi, and my favorite - a mint colored quilted leather jacket, beyond amazing. The runway was even graced by America's Next Top Model's Allison Harvard. Like experiences I've had watching runway shows via internet I expected the show to feel short, which is ironic because you wait about 2 hours at the showcase until it starts. 


Nonetheless the show was amazing and I had a great time interviewing the guests as well. This experience and opportunity was so rare for a rookie blogger like me, so I cherished every moment of it. It was a great peak into the industry I will one day be working in and let me tell you - it was confirmation that this is what I want to do. Which is perfect time because college applications are happening right now! 

Me and Kelsey 
Dress: Boutique from the Del Amo Fashion Center// Heels: B. Makowsky// Clutch: Urban Outfitters// Necklace + Bangles: Forever 21//

 Scored some free goodies after the show including NYX products, a NAVEN tank top and skirt, UNITE 7 Second Conditioner (In love with this), and The Style Club Stickers!

So sorry for the hiatus again, but I hope you enjoyed reading this experience that I got to share with you all! Thanks so much to The Style Club and Kelsey from Runaway In LA! 





8 comments:

  1. Great blog! Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with the dress you were wearing hun u look so pretty and even the event looks so nice thanks so much for dropping at my blog following you back kisses
    Virgit
    www.preppyfashionsit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you looked really cute!
    http://www.asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so adorable! I'm so proud of both of you for getting the opportunity to attend such an amazing event, and I'm sure the experience was one to remember for you both. Your dress is gorgeous, by the way! I love the collar! Lovely post, the pictures are all so stunning! Thanks for sharing! :) x

    ♡, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing and the event looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks like you guys had a great time :) I can't believe I have only just stumbled across your blog, I love it! Definitely following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you look amazing in that dress dear!

    love, Angy
    http://angystearoom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I just found your blog and I am so glad I did!
    Your blog is so amazing and I love this post! These are such amazing photos , you are so lucky to have gone to a fashion show, it looks like you had loads of fun! I am so jealous haha!
    I just followed your blog and would appreciate if you could do the same back!
    have a great day!

    The Green Raybans
    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com
    //facebook//twitter//bloglovin//

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥