Saturday, August 25, 2012

Peplum + Print

Confession: I've worn this outfit more than once and I can't believe I'm only posting about it now. Well now that that is out in the open, let's discuss peplum! Love  it? I do! Talk about a fun and flattering shirt. I even got a traditional Cambodia outfit top in a peplum style (remind me to show you!). The color of this one I got from Cotton On a while back is just perfect and what better way to wear it then with the coolest pair of shorts I have in my closet? Then again, my shorts collection is very petite. Want to give a guess onto where I got them? Kohls. Saaaayy what? Yes, Kohls. My parents are avid shoppers there and though I quite enjoy browsing through their pillows and Vera Wang merchandise, I do look in their clothing section just for kicks. And it was fate for me to find these awesome sauce printed shorts for a deal.

But enough about that, let's talk about how to spend the rest of summer! I've been swimming in my pool practically everyday and Poshmark-ing my way to some back-to-school funds! And, readers of The Deathly Fashion, I had to get this awesome Deathly Hallows inspired ring (not the true title, but to me it is) of course and a skull bracelet. 
Top - Cotton On// Shorts - Kohl's// Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell// Bag - Gift by my BFF// Sunnies - AJ Morgan








23 comments:

  1. Love that Deathly Hallows necklace and I have to say I adore your nails. Peplum is one of those trends that I think will definitely be here to say just because it applies to so many styles and looks good on lots of different body types.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much in regards to college - apply for as many scholarships as possible! If you are looking at merchandising (I'm assuming fashion marketing here), chances are that you are looking into private unis/colleges and those are pretty exxy, so apply for as many scholarships as the school will give you, prepare a portfolio early and if you're a pretty outgoing girl, try to get a interview if you don't write essays so well. In US colleges, first year is mostly foundations so you will have to take a lot of basic classes which sound a bit boring and you'll be like (I'm a merchandising student - why am I taking Color Theory/Drawing foundations) but I think those are really basic things that will improve your eye for detail/co-ordination so try to stay positive with it all. Good luck doll :) :X

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for this advice! I already started applying for scholarships and such, but thank you so much you don't know how much I appreciate you taking the time and giving me this :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Love the shorts!! I'm following you now! Follow me back? :D

    http://silverwriting818.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are amazing! I also love your top, it's a really cute colour.

    http://feelslikesleep.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peplum look! I just recently got a peplum dress and top and I really love the way it shows off my figure! It's quite flattering!

    Love your outfit, dear!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post: I like these pictures so much!!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE peplum as well hahaha I don't have a flat stomach or whatever so it's a great way to "disguise" it, I guess? haha
    The outfit is amaaazing!!
    Thank you for your comment!
    I'm a new follower :)
    xoxoxo,
    Alona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those nails are amazing!! Tutorial? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I do agree that peplum tops are awesome! They give a defined waist like no other top can. :) Thanks for your comment on my blog, much appreciated dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is super gorge! Can totally see why you rock it always, it's such a flattering shape and colour and the print on your shorts are amazing!


    Have a great weekend lovely
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    Win a glam necklace + earring set by Angelique! Enter NOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the nails, i like the ombre effect :)

    want to follow each other? >w<
    velvetpencil.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM A HUGE HP FAN SO I AM SO LOVING YOUR BLOG HAHA!! love the top it looks so good on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pattern on your shorts! And your jewelry & manicure are gorgeous.

    Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for your lovely comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfit is so cool! Love the shorts :)

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is ultimately chic! And I adore the post, beautiful!
    Sending love! Maybe we can follow each other?

    xx,
    Lucija
    WLL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog soooo much gorgeous, now following. I would love it if you could check out my blog

    Love Chloe xo

    stylethroughthelookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blouse, and your nails are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments my wizard friends! ♥